Pain relief without surgery
Back pain, neck pain and other pain conditions are difficult to endure. Pain can lead to low mood, poor sleep, and affect our work and social life. People in pain tend to feel alone and helpless, and yet are afraid to seek help. We aim to give you pain relief without surgery, with minimal downtime, and minimal reliance on medications.
Dr Thor Timothy, a pain doctor/pain specialist in Singapore with Novena Pain Management Clinic, will help you to make sense of your pain, and partner with you to explore your options. These include simple medications, exercise and minimally invasive procedures. Nucleoplasty may be suitable for disc herniations/protrusions, and radiofrequency ablation procedures for pain from facet joints.
We are Medisave accredited and on the AIA panel, AXA, Aviva, Prudential panel, GE panel, NTUC income panel, Bupa panel among others.
Back pain and Neck pain: when should I see a specialist?
- Back pain that lasts for more than a week
- Pain that shoots down the arm, leg or buttock
- Weakness in the arms or legs
- Numbness and tingling sensation
- Weight loss without reason
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
How to treat back pain?
- Try non-opioid medications and physiotherapy first.
- Have a balanced diet and consider supplements like fish oil.
- Establish goals and have a time-frame
- Consider pain injections and procedures if pain persists before it becomes too chronic
- Open surgery can be very effective, but has with higher risks.
- Consider non-surgical pain injections in the frail with medical problems or the elderly.
- Outpatient pain procedures like radiofrequency treatments and nucleoplasty are also suitable for the busy adult, with little downtime.
Pain conditions may be chronic or acute, and can involve joints and muscles, or nerves.
Non-surgical pain treatments are used to treat nerves, joints and muscle.
Pain Specialist doctor based in Singapore
Dr Thor Timothy is an Anaesthetist and Pain Specialist based in Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital Singapore who will partner with you to get you better. Find out more here.
Contact us to help with your back pain and neck pain. It starts today!
- Treatment for Chronic Post-vasectomy Pain in Singapore
- Intermittent fasting reduces pain by reducing inflammation
- Pulse radiofrequency to treat headaches and migraines!
- Does retirement and FIRE aggravate chronic pain? The answer may surprise you.
- Intermittent fasting and exercise reduces pain and disability
- Acupuncture to treat severe low back pain?
- Dementia and stroke can result from widespread pain
- 2 Important Back Exercises for slipped disc & low back pain
- COVID-19 vaccine: will it exacerbate my pain?
- Diagnosis of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Fight pain like an Olympian
- When it feels like rain
- Desensitisation for Pain Relief
- Building resilience to pain by gatekeeping
- My article contribution to PRIME magazine on Neuropathic Pain
- Freedom from pain should allow you to run towards your goals
- Navigating your way through the fog of pain
- Look for the right person to do your pain procedure
- Acromioclavicular joint injuries in tennis
- How to cope with fibromyalgia?
- Maybe I’m a lion
- Intermittent fasting to end your pain affliction
- 8 tips to prevent pain in pregnancy
- Life is a struggle, but let’s not discriminate
- Fish oil and Omega-3 for neck pain and back pain?
- It’s ok to be happy
- Don’t need a good reason to be happy, don’t need a good reason to be pain-free
- A little vegetable everyday keeps a lot of pain away.
- Supraorbital neuralgia, that pain around the eye!
- Pain in the head and neck
- Dealing with breathlessness in an ill patient
- New targets for certain pain conditions and why opioids can make pain worse
- Managing Chronic Pain
- Pain in the elderly
- The burden of lower back pain
- 7 ways to manage chronic pain
- Using the mind to manage body pain
- Masterclass on Overcoming Back and Neck Pain
- Using the mind to manage body pain
- Pain Hack in a Nutshell
- Choose your reality and break free from pain
- This Pain Doc
Pain doc by Dr Thor Timothy A Chutatape is part of Novena Pain Management Centre based in Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital and Farrer Park Hospital. You can contact us here, or simply drop us a WhatsApp or SMS text.